<VV> What type of spade connector crimper do I use?

VairMech@aol.com VairMech@aol.com
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 08:22:07 EDT

In a message dated 4/12/2004 10:59:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dsjkling@sbcglobal.net writes:
What type of crimper do I use on the original style spade connectors?  It
looks like a molex plug crimper might work but I'm not sure since I don't
own one.  My Radio Shack Special isn't gonna do this job since it's made for
ring style solderless connectors.  I know someone out there knows.  Would my
local electrical house have one?

    On the replacment spades I ususally strip a short end on the wire and
then I take my needle nose pliers and bend the retainer ears down then I get my
crimpers that have the point that crimps the other terminals and I squeeze that
on the bent ears and it makes for a pretty solid connection. Then wrap the
stabilizer retainer area around the wire insulation and you are ready to insert
the connector.
    Ken Hand