<VV> Window Track

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 09:51:39 -0400

Don't use adhesive. Use new sash-liner material (should be a tight squeeze
between the glass and the sash). The stuff I've used (with success) is a
rubber/cork strip from Clark's under their part number C772. They call it
"installation fabric." Works great, unlike the moleskin they sell for lining
the rear run channel. Make sure the front run-channel liner is clean/smooth.
That's what can pull the glass out of the sash, along with a bad
adjustment/alignment. It's also critical that the sash be positioned
correctly along the bottom of the glass. Don't know how to tell you to do
that, other than like the way it was.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Ewell Mills
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 9:26 AM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Window Track

The passenger side window on my 65 Convertible keeps coming out of the
track.
The last time I had it all apart, I discovered that the horizontal  track
that
the glass fits into was rusted pretty badly so I replaced it with another
from
a parts car.  Since it seemed to fit in rather tight, I did not put any type
of adhesive between the glass and the track liner. Any suggestions on what
type of adhesive that I can use to fix it?