<VV> Re: Holley Bug Spray

GYoungwolf@aol.com GYoungwolf@aol.com
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 11:56:19 -0400

Thanks to the many responses to my question about the spark valve on the bug spray carb. The consensus of opinion, supported by a couple of excellent technical manual references, is that the valve controls some extra amount of air entering the carb (based on engine vacuum), and therefore affects the advance mechanism of the distributor (via a port plumbed to the TB). For those who have one, the valve is normally open some amount and is affected by the balance of atmospheric pressure and engine vacuum. Guess I'll try to repair the one I have, as I have not found a lot of the valves for sale recently.
Grant