<VV> warped door panels (interior)

Geoff Johnson geoffj@unm.edu
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 20:12:43 -0600

On my corsa I took the door panels off and saturated the backside with
water with a bit of detergent.  I then put each  on  flat floor with a big
board that covered each  completely, and piled as much weight as i could on
it, in my case about 10 cylinder heads.  Then let them sit a few days.
Result was not perfect,  they were a real mess to begin with, but much
better then they were, and serviceable for a daily driver.  I did have to
replace the back quarter ones as 30 years of sitting in the sun with no
windows had taken to much toll on them.
Another option is clarks sells replacement cardboard, and you can transfer
the old vinyl.  This seems difficult but I am sure others have had good
results.

-Geoff Johnson
66 Corsa
63 Coupe

--On Wednesday, April 14, 2004 9:55 PM -0400 John McMahon