<VV> Taillight wicks

Wayne Graefen wgraefen@omniglobal.net
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 15:48:57 -0500

I don't think there was any pressure involved - just getting rid of
water because they knew the gaskets would only last 5 years or so.

From: "Delta Inc" <deltainc@grm.net>
To: <VirtualVairs@corvair.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 1:23 PM
Subject: Re: <VV> Taillight wicks

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wayne Graefen" <wgraefen@omniglobal.net>
To: <Par429@aol.com>; <VirtualVairs@corvair.org>

> The only thing I have ever seen in any model of car used as a tail
> light "wick" was a small piece of felt thick enough to stay in the
> drain hole > Wayne
Wonder if the purpose was to act as a " pressure blow off valve" for
when
the bulb heats up moisture and/air in the sealed lens ... ??
Otherwise, you could pull into the root beer drive in and " BLOOEY
BLAM "
and have all the rapper/gangstas shoving sawed offs out of their car
windows
ken campbell, deltawerkes.