<VV> Convertible top problem looking for solution

Kerry and Jan deaconone@teleweb.net
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 17:15:10 -0400

Hi,

 I have a 1964 convertible that has a problem.  My top is wearing BADLY
at the point where the chrome trim rubs against the top at the side
arm.  This is happening on both sides.  I know this description is
somewhat vague so I have placed two pictures online at the following
URLs that will hopefully show much better what I am failing to explain
clearly here.  I only uploaded pixes for one side but both sides are
about the same in wear and position.

Pictures:

http://home.comcast.net/~deaconone/side.jpg
http://homr.comcast.net/~deaconone/upright.jpg

I took a look at some other early convertibles and the top does not even
come close to rubbing as mine does. Since I am going to replace the top
I could use some suggestions as to what I could do help prevent a
reoccurance of this problem. Is there some kind of adjustment that will
move the arm away from the fender/trim slightly?? Is something bent???
(on both sides??)

Help?!

Thanks,

Kerry