<VV> Spare Engine survey

SPYDER62@aol.com SPYDER62@aol.com
Fri, 16 Apr 2004 21:27:54 EDT

In a message dated 4/16/2004 5:50:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
qcc65@charter.net writes:
In the last year I have rebuilt new 140hp & 180hp engines for my licensed
cars and the cost each time has been near $2000.
I agree with others that nobody wants to give a decent price for a good used
engine.
Not bad for an Engine rebuild, just price out some paint if you want sticker
shock. My body man next door just painted his brother in-laws 65 Impala in
Regal Red $400 per gal and just did a van in purple pearl the pearl was $135 per
oz. And here I am with 3 cars and a Ultravan to paint this summer LOL.

 As for spare Engines count me with 2 180's and a 110 that are good runners
plus 4 others that are questionable, not counting the 6 in cars and the Ultra.
Plus parts for probably 3 or 4  140's

Rich
www.shepswoodncrafts.com
68 Datsun roadster (with spare eng and 2 transmissions)
8 Corvairs
68 Ultra Van
61 econoline PU
87 Shelby GLHS