<VV> Manual vs. P/G

Marc Marcoulides Marc Marcoulides <hharpo@earthlink.net>
Sat, 17 Apr 2004 11:29:54 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

I replaced the powerglide with a 4 sp in my 65 corvair, engine runs good, I can't tell any differance. I also took out the dash and put in a Corsa dash.

-----Original Message-----
From: EUGENE1938@aol.com
Sent: Apr 17, 2004 11:18 AM
To: emills5@cfl.rr.com, virtualvairs@skiblack.com
Subject: Re: <VV> Manual vs. P/G

.emills5@cfl.rr.com writes:
What makes a manual shift engine different from a P/G engine.

Cecil,
The engines are interchangeable.  The only real difference is the bell
housing and flywheel/torque converter assemblies.  The PG engine did have a
crankshaft gear that was retarded about 3 degrees but this was very minor and did not
affect the use of the engines.  IMHO

Ed Corson (CORSA member)
IECC - Riverside, CA