<VV> Carter YH input/idea

GYoungwolf@aol.com GYoungwolf@aol.com
Sun, 18 Apr 2004 06:44:43 EDT

I have rebuilt many marine engine Carter YH carbs over the years, mostly for
folks restoring their vessels. About half of them were shot due to excessive
corrosion, so there are a lot of Corvair carb bodies floating around out there.
The severe angle of their installation requires a lower than normal float
level to prevent overflow, and the jetting was stock Nash or Corvette depending
on whether it was a Ford or GM engine.

An idea to help with infamous fuel overflow problem with the YH .... The Nash
version of our carb has a fuel return line from the throat of the carb back
to somewhere in the fuel system. Those of you with the carb will have a chrome
pipe fitting as a plug in that hole. I'm hoping someone with a lot of free
time will experiment with such a modification:-). Seems like it could be plumbed
back to the return line on '64+ models, but not sure where to send it on the 2
earlier years????  If interested, write back for details.

The Carbmeister