<VV> Thanks

J R Read_HML hmlinc@sbcglobal.net
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 21:02:18 -0500

Hey Joe,

You can zip the window out...  loosen the windshield latches first.  I DON'T
do it that way because I'm concerned about the life of the zippers.  I DO,
very carefully fold the window so as to insure that there are no pinched
spots... that the fold is nice and rounded.  I've only had the rear window
out (down) about 3 times in 8 years.  That was when I had had too much sun
for the day, but I wanted to improve the breeze through the car interior.
No AC.

I've always used a towel in there.  A BIG one... not a beach towel, but a
large (oversize) bath towel.  I did have one instance where it left an
impression on the window, but that was a brand new towel that had never been
washed and the impression went away after a day or two with the top back up
and in the sun.  So, if you use a towel make it a used one ...  at least
washed one time... maybe using a fabric softener.  I wrap the towel back
forward and tuck the corners between the top pads and the end of the rail
which holds the front edge of the boot.  Clark's did not put enough rubber
on the boot to go all the way to the end of the rail and the metal edge will
rub a hole in the pads without this extra layer of protection.

When you fold the top, pull the pads back and fold them as well.  The fold
in the pads will be facing toward the rear of the car.  Don't let them get
pinched in the top mechanism.  I'm not sure if anyone else mentioned this
step.

Attachments are scanned with anti-virus software.

Later, JR
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140
'66 beater Coupe - icemobile 4/140