<VV> Drop Top & Towels

seoxford@att.net seoxford@att.net
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 04:59:49 +0000

"...However, I would highly recommend you DO NOT use a towel when you drop the top.  Gene Barr (aka Geezer)did that with his Concours Sprint at a show here in Florida.  He had been using this method for years.  It was nice spring day the car was in the shade for a good part of the show.  Temperature was around high 70's to low 80s.  Came time to put the car away and when Gene put the top up, he had a nice impression of the towel in his window.  As far as I know, the towel impression is still there."

Sarah - interesting story - someone else commented about having a similar problem with a stiff napped towel.  It never occurred to me that someone might use something other than a "soft" cotton towel (stiff = polyester content or dirty towel).  Joe can certainly take your advice as he see's fit, but I've owned my '63 since '76 and a '67 for a few years and have never had a towel impression left in a rear window...and my local upholstery gurus have all their customers use the "two towel" method with nary an ill result.

Steve O/'63 conv.