<VV> Re: MORE ON VALVE ADJUSTMENT?

Tony tonyu@roava.net
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 21:33:28 -0700

At 2207 04/20/2004 -0400, N2VZD@aol.com wrote:
>i find that replacement type lifters(chevy V8 type?) are more touchy to get
>right hot OR cold....than good ole worn corvair ones    of course maybe i
need

>more practice...         regards tim colson

Seems I recall somewhere that current design Chevy lifters don 't have as much
plunger travel as Vair lifters had.   Aluminum engines stretch more than cast
iron variants, so modern lifters designed to sit in a cast iron block built
with modern close tolerances don't need as much "leeway".

At least this is what I remember from someone discussing todays products vs
stuff made 40 years ago.

tony..