<VV> RE quiet electric fuel pump.

Sherman Gossett sc.gossett@verizon.net
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 14:30:07 +0000

Chris,

Which pump are you running?

>From personal experience the Purolator brand pumps are the loudest and most
annoying and I have yet to figure out a way to cut the volume down. I just
got bigger speakers.<grin>

My personal favorite is the in-tank pump. I have long since lost the
instructions but the gist is use a pump from a Chevy Monza/Vega and install
it inside the tank. The wiring and sealing the tank are the two most
complicated parts of the whole thing. But the results are great. I believe
that someone is still selling pre-built setups. Does anyone know who that is
and what the price is?

All you hear is a hum at the tank and once you are rolling it is covered by
road noise.

Sherman Gossett