<VV> Vapor Lock: humor (True Story!)

Bill Hubbell Bill Hubbell" <whubbell@umich.edu
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 22:55:58 -0400

I used to have a 1961 Greenbrier.  The fuel pump started failing as we were
driving in the Appalachians on our way to the 1980 Atlanta convention and
the car would get vapor lock.  Fortunately, the Greenbrier's Fuel Filler
pipe is flush with the exterior of the car, and not buried in a pocket, as
in the cars -- also the tank is vented only to the filler pipe itself.
Thus, I was able to pull over to the side of the road whenever it locked and
pressurize the fuel tank by blowing into the filler pipe, clearing the vapor
lock and letting us get back on our way.

Of course, I bought a new fuel pump once we got to Atlanta......

Bill Hubbell