<VV> RE: (VV) GEN/FAN & electrical -Arjay Morgan

Jim Thomas b74eqcm@hotmail.com
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 10:36:48 -0400

Arjay said:
<snip>

The question is this: I'll need a new gasket to mate
the casting to the engine, cheap, yes, but the
shipping from either of the vendors will be three
times the cost of the gasket.

<snip>

Well, I can't answer the gasket question, although I suspect cork will not
work in this situation. I can answer the other (unspoken) one.

For me, when the cost of shipping costs more than the parts I'm ordering
from one of our esteemed vendors, it simply means I'm not ordering enough
stuff!

I've used this logic several times to get the 'nice to have' stuff I
wouldn't have ordered otherwise. You know, the correct decals for air
cleaners, the outside mirror for the passengers side, I can think of lots of
things!

Jim Thomas
65 Monza Vert
63 Greenbrier (still available for almost nothing)