<VV> PG Question

Geoff Johnson geoffj@unm.edu
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 12:24:00 -0600

Working on a PG.  Unknown year of powerglide, engine is a 110.   When
shifted into drive it engages really hard.  Makes a big shudder and slams
the car hard.  Almost feels like shifting into drive with engine revved
high.  Idle is at a good speed though. It only does this about 2/3 of the
time when shifting into gear.  Also when it does this it shudders as it is
shifted from drive to low.  Upshifts and downshifts just fine while running
down the road, shifts are very smooth.  I tested for broken e-clip
according to test described in Bob's book, adjusted the low band and
changed fluid, fluid is at correct level.   Ideas?  Surely something I am,
overlooking.  Is it throttle valve adjustment or something  else to look at?
Thanks
-Geoff Johnson