<VV> Re: <Riviera-list> frozen sheared bolts

Chris Knowles cknowles@redeemer.on.ca
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 16:23:12 -0400

With aluminum heat can be a real problem, it melts at such a low temp. you
have to be careful.

I've resorted to drilling out the old bolt, then using thread inserts to
restore the threads.
Broke a spark plug off in a cylinder head on a 3800 v6 a few years ago,
that was the only
way to repair it.

Chris Knowles
ROA 6085