<VV> Re: Valve Adjustment

Tony tonyu@roava.net
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 16:07:17 -0700

At 2313 04/19/2004 -0400, vairologist@juno.com wrote:
>> I think you need an early model with electric fuel pump to
>> statically adjust the valves with the engine running!!
>> The Lone Haranguer
>-----------------------------------
>Smitty says:  You forgot Petronix equipped.  Seriously though, what do
>the confused people that believe in the "hot and running" valve
>adjustments do when they run up against a collapsed lifter?  Do they
>crank it in till it stops clicking and then give it another half turn?

Well, if they have any sense they'll see the extra threads on the stud, notice
that the rocker nut keeps turning with no effect on a rocker that's extremely
loose and noisy, and note that the lifter has a problem and then fix it.    In
fact, if they have much sense at all they'd note that the lifter was collapsed
before they touched the nut with a socket after simply noting how the rattling
rocker behaved when the engine was running.

tony..           ;)