<VV> turbo distrubutor

UltraMonzaWest@aol.com UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 17:15:53 EDT

lloydscorvan@yahoo.com writes:
Now that I know i need a regular distrubutor for my conversion,how do you
tell the difference between a turbo and a normally aspirated engine?Will it not
run with the wrong distrubutor?

1  Yes it will run just fine....but be "doggey"  and have poor gas mileage.

2   Part numbers.........and / or  suck on the diaphram and see it it pulls
IN...gggg

You can also "modify" / re- curve  the existing unit [  change the springs /
remove ONE spring, etc.]  if you understand what you're doing...and even
eliminate the NEED  for the VA  to get full advance...

But  nowadaZe..it's easier to use a VA....

Now's the time for a "techguide" HTHRYC   or Bob Helts The Classic Corvair
BOOKS...

Go for the "suck test"  on another distributor!   My way!  gg