<VV> Re: Turbo Distributor

vairologist@juno.com vairologist@juno.com
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 19:11:51 -0400

> From: lloyd biggerstaff <lloydscorvan@yahoo.com>
> To: VirtualVairs@corvair.org
> Subject: <VV> turbo distrubutor
>
> Now that I know i need a regular distrubutor for my conversion,how
> do you tell the difference between a turbo and a normally aspirated
> engine?Will it not run with the wrong distrubutor?
----------------------------------
Smitty says:  LLoyd your best bet would be to get a distributor that
matches the heads and transmission type you are using.  It would be nice
to match the cam too but I know you arent going to change that too.   I
belive the tech guide lists all the distributor applications.  Be sure to
use a Vad Adv to match the distributor too.  Not the turbo Ret unit.
        Actually any NA distributor you put in will make it run better
than the turbo one.  Fine tuning the change by getting the right one is
best.
        Did you really mean to ask how to tell the difference in the
engines?   I thought it was already established that you had converted a
Turbo.