<VV> 140-PG MPG? 110-manual 4-speed?

mark@noakes.com mark@noakes.com
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 05:13:37 -0700 (PDT)

I'd also like to know what people are getting on the 110s and with manuals.

Since taking mine out of storage and driving it on nice days to work, combined city and
highway up to 70mph but mostly highway at 55, I'm getting 24mpg.  I've been careful to
fill to the same spot every time when I check...and have also been calibrating the marks
on the gas gage and it is way nonlinear.

If I were driving it easy, this might be reasonable, but I don't, and the carbs do seem
somewhat gummed up from the car being in storage for so long  so it gives me some
drivability problems that I'll have to fix when I get a chance.  Since this is just a
place holder engine, I guess it doesn't matter anyway.

Mark Noakes
66 Monza
Knoxville, TN