<VV> Early Wind shield wipers removal

Louis C. Armer, Jr. carmerjr@mindspring.com
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 23:33:48 -0400

Hey Chris, A little PB blaster or WD 40 applied carefully on the
wiper knurl knob may help with the corrosion that is always present
between the pot metal wiper hub and the knob. On the early wiper,
you can ease removal by lifting the wiper arm up to relieve some of
the tension on the knob. I use a folded rag or towel on the cowl and
then place a metal putty knife on top as the metal gives less than a paint
stick. I chose early style wipers on Darth Vair because they have a sleeker
look and the bright work looks better next to the ss windshield surround.
Just yeasterday I replaced a wiper arm whose potmetal was detiorating and
my removal method worked like a charm. By the way, I won a snap-on
windshield wiper removal pliers tool and it is too thick to fit between the
cowl and the wiper arm's base on a Corvair. Good tool but not for a LM
Corvair.

Chuck Armer

//////////////////////////////////////////////////
At 10:12 AM 4/23/04 -0400, you wrote:
>I am trying to remove the wiper from my wifes 63.  Tried my technique for
>the 65,  put down a paint stick over the paint, and pry up.  When I try
>it does not budge and did not want to pull hard incase that was the wrong
>thing to do.
>
>Thanks to all.

Corvair Atlanta, BOD
CORSA MEMBER