<VV> Re: 69 In Tow

vairologist@juno.com vairologist@juno.com
Sun, 25 Apr 2004 10:55:35 -0400

Smitty says:  Thanks to those who responded on the unstable 69.
Suggestions ranged from alignment to bad strut bushings to me not
noticing if it had an engine installed or not. I will send the
suggestions on to the new owner.  I didn't really want to believe that
anything that had the name Corvair on it could be that evil.
        As for what happened from towing all day at 70, the tranny fluid
got scorched.  It's shifting OK so it will get a flush and refill and a
hope for the best.  I have towed PGs at 60 before with no ill effect so I
don't know if it was the speed or just a peculiarity of that
transmission.