<VV> Radio Wiring Puzzler

goofyroo@excite.com goofyroo@excite.com
Sun, 25 Apr 2004 20:38:55 -0400 (EDT)

I got a used pushbutton AM radio from one of the Corvair vendors and can't make sense of the wiring.

There's a three-prong receptacle on the lower-right looking from the back.  My '63 has nothing like that, though it came with a manual-tune AM radio.  I just have a power wire and two speaker leads, plus antenna.

There's one terminal on the bottom, in the middle toward the back, which is flush with the case and points forward, as if to plug into something within the case.  I don't think it's bent that way, but there's nothing in the case like a loose wire.

There's also an insulated wire coming out of the case just above the volume knob and wrapping around to a metal grommet on the back.  It doesn't look natural there, but it won't pull out.

Any clues how to wire this thing up?  It has a number in relief on the front, 7279922, and the remains of a sticker reading "identification number" above the dial.

Michael Smith
Dallas

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com