<VV> RE: VirtualVairs digest, Vol 1 #322 - 11 msgs

Paula Tilsley markt17@fuse.net
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 07:04:37 -0400

Michael

I have an AM pushbutton as well.  If yours is similar to mine, there
should have been a wiring harness plug with the radio.  The 2 tabs
closest together are the speaker leads, the other is your power lead
(should be to the outside).  The brown insulated wire to the grommet is
for your dial light.  Pull it out and replace the bulb.

Thanks,

Mark Tilsley
65 corsa turbo vert

-----Original Message-----

Message: 6
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
From: "goofyroo@excite.com" <goofyroo@excite.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 20:38:55 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: <VV> Radio Wiring Puzzler

I got a used pushbutton AM radio from one of the Corvair vendors and
can't make sense of the wiring.

There's a three-prong receptacle on the lower-right looking from the
back.  My '63 has nothing like that, though it came with a manual-tune
AM radio.  I just have a power wire and two speaker leads, plus antenna.

There's one terminal on the bottom, in the middle toward the back, which
is flush with the case and points forward, as if to plug into something
within the case.  I don't think it's bent that way, but there's nothing
in the case like a loose wire.

There's also an insulated wire coming out of the case just above the
volume knob and wrapping around to a metal grommet on the back.  It
doesn't look natural there, but it won't pull out.

Any clues how to wire this thing up?  It has a number in relief on the
front, 7279922, and the remains of a sticker reading "identification
number" above the dial.

Michael Smith
Dallas

________