<VV> 65 Turbo Still Misfiring

Eric S. Eberhard flash@vicspdi.com
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 17:49:13 -0700

Too rich?  Try playing with jet sizes and /or metering rod.  I bought my
car at sea level and live at 3400 feet and had the exact same problem which
was fixed by leaning out the carb some ...

On one of my cars I installed an MSD capacitive discharge system ... WOW
... that lets it run much richer and still run very well. Starts better,
idles better, revs better.  Hard to hide it, though.

At 06:28 AM 4/22/04, you wrote:
>From: "Michael Cassera" <corsa@defiancestudios.com>
>
>SO I thought I had my 65 turbo misfiring problems taken care of, but
>apparently, the problem is deeper than a faulty plug.  After replacing the
>plugs on the car, it ran great for about 40 miles or so and then it
>started to misfire again.  It mostly misfires at the higher rpms (higher
>then 2500) especially  when boosting, but as I drive it more, its gets
>worse.
>
>I haven't pulled any plugs yet to take a look at them, but the last plugs
>I pulled, the electrodes were fairly black.
>
>Any ideas what's going on here?  The coil is new, the wires are new, I
>just intalled an igniter electronic ignition, the distibuter cap is new.
>About the only thing I haven't replaced electrically is the rotor

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(800) 569-1122          Denver Office (I am never there, you can leave a
message)
(720) 339-4765          Cell

http://www.vicspdi.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/index.html