<VV> Damaged Starter Gear

UltraMonzaWest@aol.com UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:25:44 EDT

greenbriergoon@hotmail.com writes:
I discovered that my starter has a damaged gear and I would like to fix it
so the pressure plate gear doesn't get damaged.

I have a junk starter with a good gear.  Can this be swapped into my starter
or is this a major rebuild?

Remove the 2 bolts at the brush end of the motor,  remove nosecone. [
solinoid removed / fulcrum pin removed ]

Push round "collar"  back from end of shaft, remove snap ring.  slide off
gear rachet assembly.

Reverse process.  note:  the snap ring / collar is a pain to get back
together; use channel lock pliers to assist.  Do not leave this off as the gear will
engage too far and lock in flywheel....

Note;  this rachet assy [ starter drive ] is available at ALL FLAPS..

Matt