<VV> Custom Seats

BEllison@bbafiberweb.com BEllison@bbafiberweb.com
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 13:45:06 -0400

> conversion.  Any others?  Please identify the model and year
> of the donor car and the year of the recipient Vair.
>
> Norm Witte

Since you asked....

Donor - 1984 (-87) Honda CRX, (wrecked car donated engine to another project
so seats were available)  They have head rests, recline, and a thin bottom,
but not too thin.  Let's face it, Honda stuff is light, but minimum to do
the job.

Receipient - 1965 Corvair Corsa, 140, 4sp, Phantom Gray

Covers - I recovered with CRX stock looking black vinyl back, but with black
tweed over fronts, and silver/gray tweed up the center.  Back seats, stock
Corvair, recovered to match.  Tweed for durability.  Door covers, scrapped
the wood idea, and recently bought tweed material to match the seats, for
the hot rod look, I guess.

Installation - used the Corvair rails, and drilled one extra hole per rail,
four in total, about 1"-2" further back, to line up the holes with the
bottom of the CRX seat.  Width lined up fine.  No crowbar needed to install.

Email for pics, and I'll get you some.

Barry Ellison
Corsa SC VP
65 Corsa 140 Coupe, 4sp, posi, Phantom Gray, no longer smoking <VBG>, and on
5th tank of gas
61 Lakewood PG, Current project
84 Red Honda CRX, one owner, 343k miles (2nd engine)
Please note: This message may contain information which is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.