<VV> Custom Seats/Interiors

Brown, Douglas T CIV NAVAIR DEPT douglas.t.brown@navy.mil
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 13:45:05 -0700

I owned a '67 Monza conv't and replaced my worn out front
buckets with Recaro aftermarket seats.  They fit beautifully,
requiring only fabrication of "L" shaped brackets to bolt it
down to the stock locations.  Picture available on request.
I lucked out that a fellow SDCC member had them for a great
price, and they were blue to match my interior!  I have also
seen stock '89-'93 Mustang seats in LM's and they looked good.
Ryan might want to check the V8 website to see what other V8
owners have used, or check Gary Aube's site for more ideas.
http://www.corvair.org/chapters/v8vairs/
http://www.corvaircorsa.com/intro.html

Toby Brown
Sandy Eggo

~~~~~~~~~Original Message~~~~~~~~~~~
From: "Norman C. Witte" <ncwitte@wittelaw.com>
To: "Virtual Vairs \(E-mail\)" <virtualvairs@corvair.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 12:52:57 -0400
Subject: <VV> Custom Seats

To follow up on Ryan Counterman's question about custom interiors, I thought
it would be helpful for VV members to list different types of seats that
have been converted to VV use, since the seats are one item that the factory
did a poor job on, in my opinion.  The idea is that a search for "custom
seats" in the VV archive could quickly pull up a lot of good fits.  I was
just looking on eBay at seats today, and there are many seats available.  If
you wanted to upgrade your seats, it would be much easier to search it there
were a list of good candidates available.

I already mentioned Kent Sullivan's Sebring convertible conversion.  Any
others?  Please identify the model and year of the donor car and the year of
the recipient Vair.

Norm Witte