<VV> Engine question

corvairs lonwall@corvairunderground.com
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 15:41:17 -0700

Bob - We have done it a time or two, but the truth is the real problem
is getting the old one off without distorting the teeth. It can take
over 20 tons to remove an old one.  One of our contract machinsts has a
special setup to do it for us, but we still avoid it like the plague. As
for the press fit back on, that has never been a problem and we do use
loctite. There are other chemicals that might even work better. Lon

www.corvairunderground.com