<VV> Spark Plugs for 66 Turbo

Eric S. Eberhard flash@vicspdi.com
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 18:05:24 -0700

AC 44ff (NOS) which are readily available on ebay are good for stock cars
but maybe a bit pricey these days.  Certainly these are perfect for a stock
car and have the extra thread for the aluminum heads.

I have been looking for a premium plug for my 62 Spyder and Sedan with
little luck until recently.  Most are too hot or have too thin electrodes
(our old cars run rich and they foul).  The Sedan has a Judson supercharger
and Petronix and MSD capacitive discharge ignition ... this is the car I
tried first as it runs very rich and fouled plugs pretty fast.  The Spyder
is stock except for the Pertronix.

I just found some unusual plugs "Silverstone" --> I think they are "6s"
although it is easy to find out ... they only have a few models and you
need 14mm with 1/2 inch depth.  These are very "old fashioned" in one way
-- they even have brass gaskets.  However, they also have some high tech
stuff including using silver (rather than platinum or whatever) which they
claim is better.

So far I have had great luck but I only have a bit less than 2k on
mine.  They are not fouling nor running too hot.  You might want to try
them, they are between 6-7 buck a piece.

At 04:40 PM 4/29/04, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>What spark plugs do people recommend for a 1966 Corsa 180hp Turbo for mostly
>highway driving?
>
>Thanks,
>Sam & Marissa Andolino
>mandolin@rochester.rr.com
>1963 Red Monza Convertible
>1966 Blue Corsa Turbo Coupe

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(800) 569-1122          Denver Office (I am never there, you can leave a
message)
(720) 339-4765          Cell

http://www.vicspdi.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/index.html