<VV> Spark Plugs for 66 Turbo

VairMech@aol.com VairMech@aol.com
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 08:21:38 EDT

In a message dated 4/30/2004 2:07:21 AM Eastern Standard Time,
NicolCS@aol.com writes:
Both
installed flush to the inside of the combustion chamber, so the 7502 does not
have the "short one thread" problem of the 44F that some use in substitute
for the 44FF.

    I think we need to keep our information correct.
    The Bosh plug is a good "substitute" for the 44FF plug. The 44F plug is a
short 3/8 reach plug for a V-8 Chevy, the R44F plug however is the correct
replacement for the 44FF plug. The short one thread mentioned is a misnomer of
sorts. The 44FF plug had threads all the way down the shell of the plug, the
R44F plug is missing that 1 1/2 threads at the bottom BUT the shell is the same
length as the 44FF. Also the Bosh plug is 1/32 shorter on the threaded end
than either of the AC plugs.
    Ken Hand