<VV> safe sex...et al (No Corvair)

R. Byers rbyers03@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:34:11 -0400

As a comment to the comment,"These Virus writers are getting very
sophisticated," this is indeed true, but what all of us are facing is
something relatively new called Spyware.
Spyware is not just becoming better, it is becoming more aggressive.  Recently
I had the misfortune to suffer its wrath.  I spent several days picking at it
with a scalpel before I received the help I should have had from the beginning
and I want to pass this on: www.lavasoftusa.com
Look down on the left and there will be a download.  It's free and everyone
should have it.

One of the main perpetrators that I have found is a company called NicTech
Networks, Inc.  Most of the files are compiled, but I found their name.  When
I called them, they even so much as admitted what they were doing and said I
must have "clicked on a file of advertising."   Perhaps I did, but what they
are doing is inexcusable.  Their offer to send me some "spyware removal"
software did not materialize.

Anyway when I finished running the above lava software, it removed 218 files
of spyware!   No wonder it was one step ahead of me all the time!!  I must
have carved out some 20 files on my own, even after I blocked their addresses
coming in and out!
I hope this helps so you don't have to go through the process that I did.
Ron Byers
Largo, FL