<VV> Unsolvable Clutch Problem in my FC

goofyroo@excite.com goofyroo@excite.com
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 12:49:16 -0400 (EDT)

>>>At first I thought it solved the problem. It shifted through the gears smoothly. I went about 1/2 of a mile from my home, pulled
into a driveway, shifted into reverse and it grinded into the gear. Tried getting into first and it grinded again.
<snipped>

On the clutch cover there are three V-shaped brackets around the perimeter.  If one or more breaks, the clutch will not fully disengage no matter what you do.  I have had two break on a '63 4-spd. ('64 clutch), probably because I drove the car with the clutch cable too tight for a short time.  The symptoms were just like yours.

Michael Smith
Dallas

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com