<VV> Re: shocks

Eric S. Eberhard flash@vicspdi.com
Wed, 04 Aug 2004 12:25:17 -0700

True -- always a trade off.  I wanted a "stock" ride so I guess I get
"stock" handling and braking ... which is fine with me.  If I really want
excellent ride, handling, and braking, I have several modern cars that
qualify.  The difference between a new car and a 40 year old car is
amazing.  But the new ones just don't have the fun of the Corvairs.  Drove
the Spyder today with top down --> life does not get any better than
that.  Even if it does not handle and stop and accelerate like a new car
... no A/C either!

At 12:14 PM 8/4/2004, kaczmarek@charter.net wrote:

> > Eric
>
>IFO would never say don't set adjustable shocks to where you like the
>ride. Just keep in mind that handling and stopping distance increase as
>the setting gets softer.
>
>Regards HANK
> >

> > I don't really like the bounce test as it depends too much on the
> > shocks.  Unless you know how they were new, then you have no real point of
> > reference.  I just installed Clark's adjustable shocks on my sedan.  At
> > stiff they barely bounce even.  At soft they bounce 4 times or so ... I

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(800) 569-1122          Denver Office (I am never there, you can leave a
message)

928-301-7537 -- you may call any time day or night, I turn it off when I
sleep :-)  Please try to use a land line first (reception often poor).

http://www.vicspdi.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/index.html