<VV> FC> engine codes/smoke

Sadek Charles H DLVA SadekCH@NSWC.NAVY.MIL
Thu, 5 Aug 2004 11:10:37 -0400

... The 61 probably has a LOT of miles on it and you are getting blowby-from
rings and inlet valve guide seals, which is blowing out road draft tube. A
warm engine will generally have some (tiny bit), but not hardly noticeable
on a good engine.  The smaller engines-145ci- can be made to run
exceptionally smoothly and very quiet.

Chuck "yes, I used to own and operate FCs" S

YS73
GT3 89
BBRT

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Wilson [mailto:nrfd17@firehousemail.com]
 Subject: <VV> engine codes

Hey all.  I have a couple of block numbers.  Could anyone on the list tell
me what motors thes are
first one is in a 62 coupe block# to330z
second one is in a 61 greenbriar block #to220yc

My second question is about the van motor.  It runs real well, but after it
has run for a bit, it tends to blow smoke from the breather tube under the
motor. Is this indicitive of a problem, or is this fairly normal?