<VV> Distributer Question

Russ Moorhouse Russ Moorhouse" <corvair65@verizon.net
Thu, 5 Aug 2004 13:36:32 -0400

The screw that holds the points to the plate on my car seems to be a bit too
short or the point base is too thick.  It appears that only the last thread
is catching and has stripped.  I went to my FLAPS, all 2 of them and non had
a replacement screw, so I ended up going to Tru-Value and getting a 3/8th
long stainless steal screw.  Since the original is so short, I'm guessing
you don't have much room for a screw to protrude the plate.  I know I will
have to cut this down, but how much longer can it be than the original
without interfering with something?

Russ Moorhouse
65 Corsa coupe 140 HP
Group Corvair