<VV> Group Red departure

Robert Hawley iamrgh@charter.net
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 01:46:56 -0400

Howdy All - tonight in Kalamazoo (MI) at 8 PM another Corvair  left Group Red
status for it's first venture off the jack stands in 4 years.  The two mile
drive was remarkable and took me back to the days when I drove Corvairs daily.
I have owned seven Corvairs over the years and my 1963 Spyder convertible for
30+ years (it has only 24,298 original miles).   Due to previous health issues
it's resurrection has taken a back burner until now.  With the help of my
older (mechanic) brother and the knowledgeable folks at VV, I have learned
enough to feel competent enough about the Corvair to do the work myself.  I
have been lurking about VV for some time and have found the dedicated Corvair
enthusiast  on VV  to be both helpful and  encouraging (in between the
humorous barbs - lol).  I just wanted to state  what an asset this group has
been to me and  to express my thanks for the quality and abundance of
information that passes through this site.

Tomorrow the cleaning starts and Saturday I am taking my Corvair  to it's
first car show (at the Gilmore Red Barns in Hickory Corners, MI) in over
twenty years where I hope to catch up with members of the West Michigan
Corvair Club.  The next goal is to have a complete restoration completed for
the 2007 Nationals in Detroit.  A big thank you to everyone on VV...you guys
are the greatest.

Robert Hawley
1963 Corvair Spyder convertible
exiting Group Red