<VV> FC clutch cable

Ryon Lucke jryonlucke@excite.com
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 14:04:39 -0400 (EDT)

When I had similar troubles on the 63 that I converted from PG to 4-spd, I ended up welding a short extension (I think it was less than one inch) onto the arm where the clutch cable attaches to the pedal. (Of course, you attach the cable to a hole in the extension.) Doing this gives more movement to the cable, so the clutch fork can have some free play AND release completely.  I don't know what it is that goes wrong with the stock parts, but this solved my problem.  As it decreases the mechanical advantage, it makes the clutch pedal a little harder to push, but I felt this was a reasonable price to pay.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com