<VV> hub caps, tires, and speakers

Patten Del R Civ AFRL Det 8/PKMA del.patten@kirtland.af.mil
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 15:13:03 +0100

  And he gave me a set of those covers for the PC coupe and yes, they do
reproduce!!  That is why I can't get into my garage!!  They don't breed true
though so there must be some recessive gene in there!!

  Del Patten...CNM

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Dennis & Debbie
Pleau
Sent: Sunday, August 08, 2004 6:47 PM
To: Bonnzz@aol.com; virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> hub caps, tires, and speakers

For some reason, I have a bunch of Corvair hub caps, I personally thing
they breed .  It all started at a Valley Corsa Meeting (now Silicon Valley
CORSA) They have or used to have great auctions every other month.  I had
bought 63 with 3 good wheel covers and at the next meeting there were a
bunch of good and 63 and 62 wheel covers up for auction.  I looked them all
over before the start of the meeting and decided on which 63 was the
best.  When they went up for bin no one bid for the first two wheel covers
and then the one I wanted went up for bid.  I bid $0.50, and no one bid
against me.  No one bid on the other covers, so they decided I got all 7
for my $0.50.  That was the start of my collection.  I did select the best
centers and caps from the ten wheel covers I had strip and repaint them and
ended up with a great set of wheel covers.

And then their was the story in Albuquerque where on of the other club
members wanted the 4 late model wire wheel covers and I wanted four of the
seven early model wires.  We made a great deal for the covers we wanted as
long as we bought all 25 to 30 Corvair wheel covers and hub caps they had
for sale.  The other guy with me in the deal got his 4 caps, I made the
best set of earlies wires out of the 7, sold the rest of the early wires
and the two mags at the GWFBT&SM for more than we paid for the whole deal.

After that, every time I went in to my Garage, there were more Corvair hub
caps and wheel covers in my garage.  If you look at he early 1996
Communique cover, where Corvairs spell out CORSA and the CNM logo is made
out of wheel covers, at least 1/2 of those caps and cover were mine.  I
swear they breed.  Let me know what you need, Monza or CORSA,

Dennis

Bonnzz@aol.com