<VV> opening a can of corvair worms

Pitts10ch@aol.com Pitts10ch@aol.com
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 17:01:40 EDT

Hi guys!

Hope all of you are well.  I hope to see some of you at CT Corsa's  meet at
Marcus Dairy this coming Sunday (15th).  As for me, I was zipping  down route
84 today in my 66 Corsa when I noticed substantial blue/grey smoke  from the
back end of the car (in the mirror).  I was going 65 or so in  keeping with
traffic.  The Cylinder head temp was about 380 or so.  I  let off the gas and the
smoke stopped.  I pulled off on the next exit and  checked her all out.  No
oil pouring out anywhere.  I brought her home  and checked all fluids and they
showed full.  She never smoked again the  rest of the day.  Any ideas?  Thanks
as always guys!

Chris Hand

66 corsa 140/4

Side question:
Do those of you who run on the highway take off your lower baffles off to
run cooler?  I know that 400 degrees CHT is normal for an  aircooled aircraft
engine but is that also normal for a vair?

CH