<VV> Can't get started (resend)

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 10:19:35 EDT

In a message dated 8/10/2004 6:50:11 AM Pacific Standard Time,
aztrojan@msn.com writes:

I cannot  get the car to start. I have done a static timing. The coil is good.
There  are new plugs and points and, I am getting spark to each cylinder. I
keep  getting this wheezing noise from the left carburetor, sounds like when
one  of the spark plugs is lose. Could it be that I have the valves  adjusted
wrong?   Any help would be greatly  appreciated.

Joe Trojanek

Joe - The first thing to do would be a compression test. That will show you
if you have a wildly mis-adjusted lifter, or other mechanical problem. (It
will  also assure you that you have all the plugs tight - at least after
finishing the  test!)  Make sure the wires are correctly installed at the cap. If you
suspect that your timing might still be off, have someone else crank it while
 you adjust the distributor. If you have the air cleaner off, watch out for
backfires out the top. (Keep those eyebrows intact!) -  Seth