<VV> (no subject)'63 won't run

Joel McGregor joelsplace@earthling.net
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 10:06:22 -0500

How did you adjust the valves?  That can keep it from running.  Are you sure
the timing isn't 180 degrees out?  That's a common error.

Joel in Keller, TX (DFW area)
'66 Corsa w/air
'63 Greenbrier 4spd
'63 Greenbrier 8dr 4spd "Bob"
'63 900 Convertible 4spd
'67 Monza 4spd Posi
15 others

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org [mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]
On Behalf Of Joseph Trojanek
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2004 8:37 AM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> (no subject)

I have a 1963 Monza with a 102 engine. I have just finished over hauling the
engine.  New pistons, rings, rods, valves, bearings, etc.

  I have rebuilt the carburetors. I have a new fuel pump.  I get a nice spay
of gas in the carburetors.

I cannot get the car to start. I have done a static timing. The coil is
good.
There are new plugs and points and, I am getting spark to each cylinder. I
keep getting this wheezing noise from the left carburetor, sounds like when
one of the spark plugs is lose. Could it be that I have the valves adjusted
wrong?   Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joe Trojanek