<VV> RE: Zero Compression update 3 and engine brake in period question

Eric S. Eberhard flash@vicspdi.com
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:08:07 -0700

I disagree and also see no reason not to use synthetic right away.  It is
more important to change the oil and filter that first 500 and drive the
car with various rpms rather than what kind of oil you use.  BTW there is
no "right" answer, everyone will have a different opinion and there are
valid reasons for all.  Just use good judgement -- all of the answers given
should work fine.

At 04:24 AM 8/12/2004, Sam & Marissa Andolino wrote:
>Thanks for all the replies.  Now I am confused.
>
>According to the Clark's catalog, which is where I bought all my replacement
>parts, for turbo moly rings, they say on page 24 "use non-detergent oil
>until broken in and no synthetic oil for the first 5,000 miles."
>
>All the replies I received said do not use non-detergent oil.  Does everyone
>disagree with Clarks?
>
>Thanks,
>Sam & Marissa Andolino
>mandolin@rochester.rr.com
>1963 Red Monza Convertible
>1966 Blue Corsa Turbo Coupe

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(800) 569-1122          Denver Office (I am never there, you can leave a
message)

928-301-7537 -- you may call any time day or night, I turn it off when I
sleep :-)  Please try to use a land line first (reception often poor).

http://www.vicspdi.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/index.html