<VV> Former Resuscitation, Now Resurrection

Stephen Upham contactsmu@sbcglobal.net
Sun, 15 Aug 2004 21:08:59 -0500

	At 8:05 p.m. last night, I was able to hear my baby take its first
breath in over five years.
Ken Richardson and I started up the resurrection project that we have
been working on together off and on for the last eight months.  We have
her on a cart to do the final adjustments before installation.
	She came to life, and Ken adjusted the valves in about twenty minutes.
  Hearing that new/old engine roar to life again made my heart skip a
beat.  It is also so good looking with its powder coat paint, hot red
silicon plug wires, flame thrower coil, zinc plated nuts and bolts,
Wolf carburetors, and gold blower fan.  We made the innards just as
nice.

It's to die for.

	I started my Corvair resurrection odyssey one year ago after taking
possession of my '65 sedan in June of 2000.
This will be a story for the ages.  You won't believe what was done to
this engine.  All of the details and pictures will be forthcoming.
Save it to say, most Corvair mavens would have just written the engine
off, but I WOULD NOT be thwarted.  I am determined to save this car!

And so I shall.
(We are 95% there as the body and chassis are in very good shape.)

Hope to have the breeze in my hair by October.

I CAN'T WAIT!

Stephen Upham
Dallas, Texas

Mid prod. #18732 -1965 Monza sedan 110, Sierra Tan - Saddle, PG, A/C,
original AM/FM, clock, tint, oil bath air filter, w/ 77K  (being
overhauled to .030 over)

Corvairium II