<VV> Verdict on: Bad Idle (66 140)

corvairs lonwall@corvairunderground.com
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 10:20:21 -0700

With all due respect Larry!  We have seen NO evidence of anything of
this (or other) type of failure due to Teflon stem seals. BUT, there
exists considerable controversey in regards to guide liners - or at the
very least, the inconsistant ability of some shops to do the work
properly. Having said that I am in no position to tell Joe what caused
his problem, but I feel it necessary to respond to what i think are
incorrect statements!

You'd be surprised about the internet - anyone can post an opinion -
someone posts that Ed Cole is coming out with a new book and I get 100 e
mails asking me what it will cost and whether he will be available to
sign copies.........yikes... Lon

www.corvairunderground.com