<VV> ELECTRIC Windows?

Stephen Upham contactsmu@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 21:07:52 -0500

OK.  You've got my attention.  What kind of modifications are necessary
inside of the door?  I'm always leery of putting holes where there were
none before, but if they are behind the door panel, I think I could
live with that as long as I'm not chopping anything up in the process.
I like the idea of convenience attachments, but not if I can't return
to the original if I should wish.  This setup sounds like it meets that
criteria.  Who makes it, and how can I get my hands on a kit for my
four door?

Stephen Upham
Dallas, Texas

Mid prod. #18732 -1965 Monza sedan 110, Sierra Tan - Saddle, PG, A/C,
original AM/FM, clock, tint, oil bath air filter, w/ 77K  (being
overhauled to .030 over )

Corvairium II

From: "Rick & Janet Norris" <rickjanet@charter.net>
To: "airvair" <airvair@richnet.net>, "Anil Mittal" <anil@anil.com>
Cc: <virtualvairs@corvair.org>
Subject: Re: <VV> ELECTRIC Windows?
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 17:18:09 -0400

Mark,
The power window setup Anil and Frank Parker is using was patterned
after
mine. The window crank splined shaft stays right where the General put
it
with no modifications. The kit has an assortment of plastic covers for
the
shaft. If at any time you need to use a standard crank you can.
Case in point. While at this years convention my driver side door power
window button took a dump. It was acting up on occasion but luckily it
made
it through the concours. The widow was down and would not respond to the
button so I removed the door panel and the power window shaft and gear
from
the crank spline and used my door handle to roll it back up. I ordered
a new
button when I got home and all is well now.

Rick Norris