<VV> Re: VirtualVairs digest, Tony dropped valve seat

Frank DuVal corvairduval@cox.net
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 22:58:43 -0400

Tom:

What Tony described is exacly what my 64 Spyder had done for several
years before the seat finally would not reseat itself, and why my Spyder
is not being driven at the moment. The seat would typically fall out
when descending a grade. The seat would cool off with the incoming air
causing shrinkage of the seat. It would shortly reseat itself and I
would continue drive it knowing the head needed to come off to fix it at
some time, may as well get as much mileage  out of junk parts that I
could.....  It is a 145 cu in block & crank with '64 cylinder and piston
assemblies installed by the previous owner  back in 1975.  I had several
seats fall out and repaired between 1976 and 1993 when the last one
started this nonsense. Nursed this one until 2001.

Frank DuVal
64 Spyder Conv
Would be group red if it was on jack stands