<VV> T/O Brg in hand - more advice needed

Geoffrey A Johnson geoffj@unm.edu
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 21:23:33 -0600 (MDT)

Everyone is going to reply with a resounding ... the clutch plate is
JUNK... resurface it or replace.  That being said ina pinch we have used
ones soaked in solvent for a few days then cleaned thouroughly with
fresh solvent.  Usually not worth the risk IMHO because of all the work.
But we have one in the family that has a cleaned disk in it now and it
works great.  Our father used to run FC's all day at WOT on the highways,
would lose a lot of oil out the main seal with that much heat and lose
clutches now and then so he would often clean them and reinstall, no
problems.

Just a thought,
Geoff