<VV> Evil done cometh and gotcha (humor?)

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:45:31 -0700

At 09:23 hours 08/18/2004 -0400, Louis C. Armer, Jr. wrote:
>Did ya ever run her with the speedometer cable broken???
>Maybe she made the 200,000 and said this is enough.
>
>Chuckster

It appears to have the same speedo cable, after all this time.    Doesn't
appear to have been changed, tabs on the bottom etc appear untouched.

Last night I unhooked/removed everything from the engine (which amounts to
a load of stuff on a '60) and all that's left is belhousing bolts and the
motor mount, meant to have it out but my brother who was to give me a hand
with getting the other engine out of storage was not feeling well and went
to lay down, then fell asleep so I let him snooze... we'll go get the other
engine this evening after work.

I'm curious to see what stuck the engine up tight when it was acting for
all the world like a valve seat loosening.    I suppose I'll know soon
enough...  and I'm now wondering how the car will run with a 110PG instead
of the 80PG that's coming out of it.

tony..     still working on it between the regular job and the other stuff
I do daily